I'm taking stock of the last three days. Here's the evidence of what I did not do:
1. Four loads of laundry, one in dryer, one in washer, two on laundry room floor.
2. Clean and lonely running clothes folded on chair in my bedroom.
3. Empty lunch boxes on kitchen counter.
4. Unopened Sunday newspaper.
5. New book, "The Shack," face down on page 3.
6. Tall grass in yard.
7. Porch with no pumpkins.
8. Chipped nail polish on toenails.
9. Overflowing recycling bins.
10. Messy car.
11. Backlog on the Tivo, including Rays game in progress right now.
12. 2,462 unread emails.
Here's the evidence of what I did do:
1. Two dozen fresh banana muffins in fridge.
2. Extra 150 miles on car odometer.
3. First 15 note cards sitting in the designated Science Fair shelf space in Clarke's room.
4. Slight sunburn on my nose and cheeks.
5. Precarious pile of just-washed dishes on the drying rack.
6. First-place soccer tournament medal hanging in Clarke's room.
7. Thrift-store Halloween costume on the floor in Maggie's room
8. Bat-girl Halloween costume hanging up in Molly's room.
9. Five new bougainvillea plants and trellises along the alley.
10. Four new tall, skinny green bushes with purple flowers along front fence.
11. Fully conversant with the plot twists of the new High School Musical, even though I didn't see it, and fully conversant with plot twists in Molly's love life.
12. New Blog Post.